The platform differentiates between three types of course/stream instructor permissions:
- FULL permissions allow an instructor to create new content, edit existing content, modify course/stream settings, and manually add/remove registered learners.
- BASIC permissions allow an instructor to start a live session, view reports, and respond to messages sent from their learners. The instructor can't edit the course/stream settings or participants list.
- COURSE TEMPLATE permissions allow the instructor to create/edit the course/stream content. However, it does enable the instructor to modify its settings and invite/remove learners. (Note: this permission is relevant only for courses instantiated by instructors using the Use Course Template button).
Changing the instructor's permission
Changing instructor permission levels can be done from the Admin panel (regardless of whether the course/stream was created in Admin or by the instructor).
- Click on the courses tab.
- Type in the box the course or stream name.
- Click on it and select the Instructors tab.
- Assign each instructor to the desired permission level.
Courses that were created by Instructors using the Use Course Template button would look like this:
Note: As opposed to previous versions of Enabley, the creator of any course/stream can now be removed from it. This means that the settings and content of a course/stream can be edited even if the original creator of the course is no longer assigned - by assigning a new instructor with the relevant permissions.