The chat feature allows session attendees, the host, co-hosts, and participants to communicate for the session duration. Each user can choose in settings to view each participant's profile photo in chat or their initials if they have no profile photo.
Sending a message
Click on the video to maximise.
- While in a ZOOM session, click Chat in the session controls.
- Click on the drop-down next to To: to change who you are sending this message to.
- Type your message into the chat window.
Private messages between participants are not viewable by the host.
1. Click Emoji to open the emoji panel. Search for a specific emoji or scroll through the list. You can also provide the standard emoji code and Zoom will automatically convert it to the corresponding modern emoji, such as :) or :smile: converts to 🙂.
2.Optional) Click File to send a file in chat, if enabled by the host. Press Enter to send your message.
If you're the session host, you can change the session chat settings.
- While in a session, click Chat in the session controls.
- Click the ellipses icon to display session chat settings.
- You can access the following options:
- Save chat: Save all chat messages in a TXT file. They are saved to the same location as local recording files.
- Allow attendees to chat with: Control who participants can chat with.
- No one: Disables in-meeting chat.
- Host-only: Only the host can send messages to everyone. Participants can still send private messages to the host.
- Everyone publicly: Participants can only send public messages. Public messages are visible to all participants. Participants can still send private messages to the host.
- Everyone publicly and privately: Participants can send public or private messages. Public messages are visible to all participants. Private messages are sent to a specific participant.