While instructors may manually reset any content item for specific learners to let them redo that content (via the Multiple Learner Report), in the case of Assessments, you can predefine an automatic assessment reset for learners who don't pass a predefined score. Moreover, the number of subsequent attempts can be configured for that Assessment.
As an instructor or a content editor, when creating or editing a content item that is set to Run as Assessment, you may set it to Auto Reset.
- Hover over the content item and click on the.
- Click on 'settings'.
- In order to enable Auto Reset, the content must be set to run as an assessment.
- After enabling the Auto Reset toggle, you will be able to set the minimum score required to pass the assessment and the number of attempts possible to achieve it (only if they failed to reach the minimum score).
- When done, don't forget to scroll down and save your changes.
Click on the video to maximize it.
- The Assessment Auto Reset, minimum score threshold, is restricted to the content item itself, regardless of any other possible score threshold configurations at the Learning Path and Certificate.
- In cases where the learner does not see a final score immediately after submitting the Assessment, Auto Reset will not occur:
- If the Assessment includes a Text Response question with a Manual Score.
- If the instructor disabled Show Results for that Assessment (i.e., the learners will be able to see their scores only after the instructor decides to publish the scores).
Learners who did not achieve the minimum score will get a popup message saying that their work has been automatically reset and that they have another chance to reach the minimum required score:
NOTE: The configured minimum score and the number of attempts are not presented to learners when doing the Assessment to encourage learners to achieve the best results.