Prepare for an upcoming Zoom session by setting up a Zoom test call. During your test session, you can check your internet connection, familiarize yourself with Zoom's session features, and adjust your audio and video before joining the meeting.
How to create a test video call
Visit Zoom Quick Test
- Click the Join button to launch Zoom. You will be redirected to launch the meeting from the browser:
- If you have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click Open Zoom.us to launch Zoom.
- If you don't have the Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, click download and run Zoom to download, install, and run Zoom.
- If you cannot download or run the Zoom desktop client on your computer, click join from your browser.
- The Zoom test session will display a pop-up window to test your speakers. If you don't hear the ringtone, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch speakers until you hear the ringtone. Click Yes to continue to the microphone test.
- If you don't hear an audio reply, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch microphones until you hear the replay. Click Yes when you hear the replay.
- Click Join with Computer Audio.
- Click Join with Computer Audio to join the test meeting with the selected microphone and speakers.