Scheduled events can be added to the structure of a course, serving as synchronous face-to-face and online virtual sessions, lessons, classes, or whatever training instance occurs at a specific time and a given virtual or physical location.
Scheduled Events are useful for:
- Live online sessions (e.g., virtual workshops, lectures, webinars, etc.)
- Physical face-to-face sessions (e.g., hands-on training, meetings, lessons, etc).
By combining self-paced e-learning content items with scheduled events, hybrid courses can be created - resulting in a comprehensive blended/hybrid learning experience.
Creating a scheduled event
To create a new event, as an instructor, simply
- Press the Create button and select Create event.
- Fill in the event details:
- Name of the event.
- Location of the event -This free text field can describe a physical location or a link to a video conference.
- Live Session -You can mark the checkbox to set the event to take place online through the platform's live session tool.
- The location field is auto-filled with editable joining instructions.
- The attendance report will have a direct link to the Live Session reports.
- Description of the event.
- Time of the event -You can set the time frame of your event. By disabling the 'All day event' toggle, you'll be able to set specific hours for the event. (Note - events can be retroactive as well).
- Score -You can decide whether the learners will be graded for their performance in this training event.
- Select Create or Create & Publish.