enabley allows Instructors to reserve one or more training resources for Scheduled Events in their courses. Courses that involve synchronous training, such as a lesson or workshop, sometimes require booking tangible resources for that training. A resource could be a classroom, equipment such as projectors, VR goggles, any type of training aid, and external instructors.
Administrators manage the pool of available resources in the organization. See more details on how to manage the pool of resources in this article.
Reserving Training Resources
- Create a new Event or edit an existing one.
- Make sure to set the time window for your event.
You should first set the date and time of your event and only then add resources and check their availability for that time window.
In any case, saving and publishing your event will trigger the availability check automatically, so this way or the other, you're covered 😃.
- Scroll down to the Training Resources section.
- Turn on the Training Resources toggle button and click on button.
- A popup will appear, select the Resource Type, and then select one of the available resources of that type.
- Repeat the process to add more resources and click the button to verify that the selected resources are available at the time of your event.
- Verify that the resources are available.
When rentering your event, you will see that the resources are reserved. The system ensures that these resources are secured for the time window of your event, i.e., they will appear as Unavailable to anyone trying to reserve them for another event overlapping with your event.
- Save your event, and you're good to go 🚀
Click on the video to maximize it.
Some resources may have a cost associated with them. It is an optional field in the resource management file uploaded by the Administrator.
In case a resource has been assigned with a cost, it will appear in the Add Resource window as follows: